Tuesday, June 9, 2009

In The Weeds: Special Edition

For the last three years, I have worked at a job that I love. Quite unexpectedly, I was hired to work at one of the best restaurants in Kansas City without much serving experience. I convinced a skeptical manager that my background as a concierge and my passion for service and high-end hospitality would fit right in with what he was looking for in a team member. They took a chance on me and over the next three years, I built a good following of regulars, routinely did well on secret shopper reports, and was asked to be a trainer. But the two best things about my job were bonding with the guests that I served and the amazing friends that I made.

Okay (insert needle scratching a record sound here) that’s enough of that hazy “Dreamweaver” moment. I was fired on Wednesday for writing my weekly column... more

2 comments:

  1. capital grill You are idiots. When you have a good employee why do you let them go for outside activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CJ I noticed you your last comment was posted at 505am. You were not sleeping over losing your job.I have been in restuarant business over 30 years. I would value an employee like you. I now know who you are and I will be in contact with you. I will offer you a job that you will not resist.You have waited on me before and you are the reason we have gone back. What they don't know is that without good service the food doesn't matter. You are the best and you will be hearing from me very soon.

    ReplyDelete